Sunday, August 26, 2012

New Baby Coming & New Home Coming Along!!!

There are so many incredible things happening in our life right now! I'm excited to begin sharing updates on this blog, and also excited that it will be a journal for me to look back on and read in the future!

Matt and I learned we were expecting Baby exactly 9 weeks ago, on Sunday, June 24. I had took a pregnancy test that morning and the result looked negative. The whole day, I had this strange feeling in my lower stomach and it just nagged on me to test again that evening. To my surprise and delight, this time I saw the positive reading!!!! I shared the news with Matt and began crying. He was in shock! It's been a tough secret to keep for over two months and today we finally shared it with our Sunday School class, then "the world" via Facebook. So the news is officially out!!! I had a postcard made with our announcement that will go out to family and a few close friends this week! My sister-in-law did our photo shoot for our announcement picture and it couldn't have turned out more perfect!

Here's pictures from our first sonogram (at 7 weeks)....and a picture of our pregnancy announcement!!!








The sweetest thing I've ever seen (so far).....At our last ultrasound (10 weeks), Doc showed us how much Baby had grown, and we saw Baby moving around like crazy in my belly!!! Matt pulled out his phone and shot a short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HfDZvLp-30&feature=youtu.be

The sweetest thing I've ever heard (so far)......Just a few days ago, we had a 12 week appointment and heard Baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was just thumping away!! There's nothing in the world that can compare to the sound of hearing your baby's heartbeat for the very first time!

Our next appointment is at 15 weeks!

Our home is coming along much quicker than I imagined. After living in Fayetteville for two years, and lots of prayer, we know this is the right move for us. Don't get me mistaken...we eventually would LOVE to be living in Texas, and more specifically Central Texas, but the Lord has other plans for us, at least for the moment. Matt's company is rapidly growing and we're excited about his career's future. There's no way we'd walk away from the blessings it's brought us right now. I'm blessed with the opportunity to be a housewife and stay at home mommy, which is the most important job in the world! And from what I hear, also the hardest!!!

So our home is in one of Matt's neighborhoods that is in a very desirable part of town, great schools and many, many wonderful families live there. I couldn't be more thankful to bring Baby home to such a wonderful place! They broke ground on the house in mid-June, and we're expected to close in late October. They'll be sheet-rocking later this week. It's almost surreal watching it all come together. The brick was dropped off several days ago! I'm really excited about the exterior because we chose Texas limestone that is coming from Central Texas! A little touch of home in our new home :)

Here's a picture from several weeks ago!


In a nutshell, this is all that's going on in our life right now! It's so exciting and certainly overwhelming at the same time! Getting ready to pack up your house for a move, and planning for a new baby sure keeps us busy...and happy!!!!

6 comments:

  1. love the blog! many blessings heading your way! love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So happy for y'all! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could not be more happy for you if we tried. Your blog brings such a joy to our hearts. we love your blog and both you. we are so excited to watch you go through this beautiful journey. such wonderful parents in the making. love- adam and nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could not be more happy for you if we tried. Your blog brings such a joy to our hearts. we love your blog and both you. we are so excited to watch you go through this beautiful journey. such wonderful parents in the making. love- adam and nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blog! Congrats on the baby & new home!!! I am so happy for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so exciting . . . waiting for your Precious bundle from Heaven. And your beautiful home. You do have a lot to be thankful for . . well deserved. Your love and faith will see you through.
    Love you three to the moon and back.
    Aunt Nina

    ReplyDelete